The gospel is…the word about Jesus Christ and what he did for us in order to restore us to a right relationship with God. – Graeme Goldsworthy

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A New Blog Series

Back in July, I began introducing our congregation to the vision, mission, and core values of New Covenant Community Church. It was refreshing to take a break from my typical schedule every Sunday of preaching through books of the Bible one paragraph at a time. I love expository preaching, but as every pastor knows who's done it for an extended period of time without much of a break, it can be exhausting - especially if you really roll up your sleeves and do the hard work of exegesis week in and week out.

(I am compelled to add this parenthetically: for those who think an "exegetical sermon" means you preach at such a high level that very few - except a small group of theological elites - understands you, that's not expository preaching. With all due respect, that's called homiletical "left-field." We are called as pastors/elders to make the Word of God understandable to the average congregant.)

I'd like to introduce you to the topics of these sermons over the next several weeks. I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please sign up as a "Member" of Gripped by the Gospel. I'd love to have you leave a comment or two as well. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment